Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Chap. 4 Response

This chapter was interesting in how it deconstructed large active comic panels in terms of time and how our eyes move across the panel. I liked the section on subjective motion, and how instead of observing the action take place, you are the action taking place, and observe your environment moving around you. I am always trying to relate the concepts from the different chapters of this book to actual film and animation, and so I didn't like how this chapter was so grounded specifically within comics. That's not to say I didn't find interesting the points the author made in relation to comics. I especially found entertaining the section describing panels in terms of past, present and future, as well as the section that played with this concept, as well as the concept pertaining to which direction we read the panels, and how the author was able to weave a multidimensional story in different directions on one page.

No comments:

Post a Comment